Join Columbia's Department of Public Safety in a situational awareness training.
What is Situational Awareness?
Situational Awareness is a critical life skill, and entails being aware of where you are and to what is happening around you; being alert to potential threats to your health and safety and being cognizant of emergency exits and other paths to safety.
What Will The Training Focus On?
In this training, you will learn:
- How the Fight-or-Flight response affects your safety
- How situational awareness can keep you safe
- “What are the odds?”-being informed to make good decisions for your personal safety
- Techniques to develop awareness
- Personal safety resources
- Run. Hide. Fight. – a strategy for your personal safety in emergency situations
RSVP is required. After you complete your registration, you'll receive a confirmation email containing the Zoom link for joining the event.